Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Una pasta perfetta e altre cose

Ciao il mio compagni di classe,

Il professor Weber ci ha chiesto di parlare della pasta perfetta.


Pasta is one of the most perfect foods I can imagine. It is simple, typically made with only a few ingredients, and gloriously complex, coming in a myriad of shapes and sizes. It is easy to prepare and works with a wide range of accompaniments. It is good hot and cold, in rich, creamy decadent dishes and light, fresh ones. Obviously, I am a fan.


I love orzo, penne, tagliatelle, linguini, rotini, tortellini and so many more. Two caveats however, are that the pasta must be cooked properly ... "al dente" (nothing worse than mushy pasta) and it is infinitely better if it is fresh. The best pasta dish I can think of at the moment is one that my friend Abii made (she is an amazing cook). It was fresh tortellini (with several cheeses) with asparagus, fresh tomato, lemon and pine nuts. So delicious!


As you can see I am practicing my Italian quite a bit too. I think that I will try to start posting interesting phrases we might need to know as I learn them. As good a blog topic as any I guess. Also, I participated in an art show and met several new people. A new friend and photographer, Ileana, lived in Rome for 9 months and is excited to teach me what she knows about the area. She even stayed in the area where we will be staying. Another local artists is also going on a study abroad trip in June to Italy ... she will be in Florence while we are in Rome. Pretty cool.


Also, I found a copy of Top 10 Rome in the used bookstore. Has a pull out map, which would be nice for walking around in Rome. It also has lists of things like the top 10 places for gelato (which I have been told is fabulous there!) top 10 streets for shopping, top 10 cultural festivals etc. Looks pretty cool.

Buona giornata,
(Have a good day)

Jamie

2 comments:

  1. Jaime, you keep the Blogosphere busy. I wish you could move some of the other people to get excited about the Blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, Bellissma que tu practicara Italiano con un amica italiana a computer. Oggi ci sono multe cose nel internet di usare, e c'e gente che vuole essere amice e imperare una lingua come tu e tuo amica. Hai trovato una nuova phrase per la classe?

    ReplyDelete