Sunday, April 29, 2012

New find for helpful hints

Most of the class will only be staying in Rome for the two weeks scheduled through the school. From what I understand, one other classmate and myself will be extending our trips. During the first two weeks, most of the details of travel, admission etc will be arranged by the instructors; where it is not, they will be available for advice at the very least. But I am arranging my own travel for the additional 6 days I am staying in Italy and I wanted to be prepared  for things like booking a ticket for the train. I am also arriving later than everyone else on the first day there, so I have been looking for the cheapest/easiest means of transportation form the airport to the hotel. Getting the shuttle for a single person would cost something like 60 euro! Ouch!

Anyway, in my research I ran across this incredibly helpful site. It offers a detailed description of, for example, how to use the ticket kiosks for the bus/metro system with step-by-step with photos. There is an extensive section on travel, including one on how to navigate the airport where we will arrive. There are also guides for food, entertainment, grocery shopping, events, views, packing ... even public restrooms! All of which seems very practical and thorough.

Just thought I should share! Hope you find this helpful! roninrome.com

No comments:

Post a Comment