Monday, March 19, 2012

To Check or Not to Check


I have read a lot of posts and articles online about what kinds of things to pack when traveling internationally etc. It seems like there are a lot of people that tell horror stories about lost luggage and warnings not to check luggage. Others simply suggest you keep at least one change of clothes in your carry-on just in case. I want to make sure that I am prepared but I am wondering how much of a problem it really might be.
 


Have many students dealt with lost luggage on trips like this? Has anyone had this problem when traveling elsewhere? And if your stuff gets lost, how often do you get it back a few days later?

2 comments:

  1. When it comes to packing I travel light, either a backpack or carry-on. Maybe it's because I'm not so picky or because I don't want to waste time with clothes or hair when I could be outside having fun. Coincidentally, I met someone who has been on this trip already and yesterday he told me he had found a place to do your laundry a block or two away, he did say it was like 10 euros or something like that. The problem when it comes to packing light is what to take to make the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to pack light with a carry on and backpack but since I want to bring my camera, my netbook plus the books for the class, my space is already seeming limited.

      Delete